Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Spring: My Favorite Season

The cool breeze from the tall trees, melodious music from my MP3 player, lovely scent of flowers from the bushes, warm sun rays kissing me , the buzzing noise from the automobiles passing by, the various shades of greens from the well maintained lawns of the homes, smell of the fresh morning air, beautiful colors of the blooming flowers and my hair dancing on my face is the how I can describe my drive to work these days. The nature is in full bloom and so is my mood. I never realized that the nature plays such a major role in ones life. Once I start driving to work these days I forget all my worries and tensions. I just sit back and enjoy the scenic drive and let my mind relax. Before I realize I am at my office building pulling into the parking lot.

I was taking a stroll around the lake one day last week and saw a beautiful sight that I can never ever forget. The sun was out and there was a cool breeze. It was a family of tortoise and a family of geese enjoying the nice weather. The tortoise family was out of the water enjoying the sunshine on a branch of tree that had fallen into the lake. Their heads were raised towards the sun and the bodies were shining. It was a pleasant sight to watch. The mom goose and the dad goose were out of the water and were on a stroll with their six young ones. The dad goose was on a high alert watching out for any signs of danger. The mom goose stayed very close to the little ones. I suddenly started missing my little one. I smiled to myself when I realized that man is an animal too. We can’t live without our families either.

Spring is the time when I don’t like to come to work. Given a chance I would like to have tons of fun with my little one in the company of the nature. Once I get home from work, I can’t wait for my hubby and my son to come home. Then we spend rest of the evening outside playing. He even eats his food outside. How wonderful is that age where we don’t have any restrictions or responsibilities, all they know is happiness and fun.

We sometimes go to forest preserve for walk and our son sits in the stroller and observes. The trees are very colorful with tender leaves and blooming flowers. The colors are a treat to the eyes. My favorites are the small yellow flowers with green leaves covering them and the whitish purple flower bunches. All the colors and combinations that nature has are so beautiful. Here people are enjoying the nature along with getting some exercise. People are doing various kinds of activities like jogging, walking, biking, nature watching. Some people just come to walk their dogs. Not only humans but animals too relax and have fun in the company of nature especially in spring.

No comments: