Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Happy Birthday to my Family

Isn’t it interesting that all the members of my family are Taureans. Yes, you heard me right. My son, my BH (Better half)and I are all Taureans. I call this period between the end of April and mid of May a festive period of my house like the Christmas season in US and Dasara-Diwali season in India. Many of my friends have birthdays during this period, not to mention that the colleagues I share my office space with are Taurens too. During this season the fridge is loaded with sweets and cakes. I have fresh flowers in my vase sitting on the dining table. Before my son was born they used to be on the coffee table but had to change it after my son started crawling. Lots of things have been moved or removed and our home has become child safe. Coming back to the story of birthdays, as the years go by I think the enthusiasm I had as a child in celebrating birthdays is going down. I never really worried about growing old, but this time I suddenly realized that I am only a few years away from 30. Hmm…that’s interesting. Soon I will be 40…then 50…then 60…
When the birthday season starts I am all excited and I start making plans, BH doesn’t have that enthusiasm about these things. As everyone knows men are from Mars and women are from Venus :-)). But he enjoys when friends come by and we celebrate. Every year he doesn’t forget to get cake and flowers for me (I remind him though hahaha!!). Our son will turn two this year and the only things he associates with birthday is cake. So, we still have sometime before he gets the concept of gifts for the birthday. The credit card bills hit the max every year during the season of birthdays. Once my son starts demanding his gifts I am sure the credit card bill will grow along with him!!!

No comments: