Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Prajarajyam

This catchy name is the party that chiru has established to enter into Andhra politics. Chiranjeevi (fondly called as chiru by fans) is following the foot steps of late N.T.Rama Rao. I don’t remember how NTR came into politics as I was a kid but I know he was very popular and won a huge majority. My guess is that might not happen in Chiru’s case. He first started his political career from Tirupathi, the adobe of Lord Venkateshwara. I happen to watch this event. Thanks to Maa Tv and my Hubby for making this happen. After too much of thinking, finally BH decided to have telugu channels. Before taking any action BH analyses on the pros and cons of the issue. I always tell him that he is a good thinker :-). Oops! The post is not about BH but Prajarajyam.

The Tirupathi meet was chaotic. I think it was not well organized and planned. By the end of the function the stage was full of allari mukka. There was no proper order. It appeared more like a santha rather than a party meeting. I have been following the election campaign here closely. The presidential candidate’s speeches are too good. They prioritize the issues. Chiru’s speech was too long, about 50 pages are so. It was not charismatic like YSR or Chandra Babu. He was reading it directly from the papers and looked like he had no clue what was in the papers before hand. It sounded like he was delivering dialogues rather than speech. Every issue was on his priority list from telengana to farmers to students to inflation to naxalism to secularism.

The literacy rate has increased in the state form the period of NTR to present. People do think before voting in favor of any party. So lets wait and see how much people will favor Chiru and Prajarajyam.

No comments: